NeXT Computers Forum Index NeXT Computers
www.NeXTComputers.org

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Posted kb7sqi's Packages

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bkmoore

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:38 am    Post subject: Posted kb7sqi's Packages Reply with quote

All,

This may be redundant, but I posted all of kb7sqi's packages to the public folder of my iDisk. I figured if I was going to pay Apple for a .me account, I may as well make it as useful as possible.

https://public.me.com/bkmoore/

These are the packages I downloaded in early 2009. There may be newer versions out there. But these are the ones I use.

Brian Moore
rjones

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks got um!! Do you have his video package.
RobT
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
bkmoore

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,

Sorry, I don't have any of the video packages, just the compiles. I wish I did a better job of archiving the stuff when he had his ftp site up as I had full access at the time. I used to have a disk image of NeXTSTEP 2.3 from his site, but cannot locate it. It was fun to play with at the time though.

On another note, I posted a pdf of the excellent book "NeXTSTEP Programming" by Garfinkel and Mahoney. I bought this book when it came out way back in the day and still have it. I got started with obj-c and the NeXT APIs from this book. It's a great starting point for anyone who wants to get familiar with NeXTStep programming.

I'm posting some NeXT apps as well that I find useful. Nothing special, just some of the standard apps that should be on every NeXTStep computer.

On a slightly different note, it would be nice if this board had a forum on NeXT programming, specifically Objective-C, Foundation, Appkit, DriverKit, etc. I'm not sure how many others are interested in programming NeXT. Most real Obj-C developers have moved on to iOS/iPhone apps.

Brian
eagle

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob, I would love to see some NeXT programming tutorials as well. I'd love to be able to do OS X/iPhone programming, but I think I'd like to start "small," by learning the relatively smaller NeXT API. Smile
pentium

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The video torrent is still down while I try and setup again. Sure it's been four months but holy crap it is taking a while for a nice Linksys switch to surface.

-NeXT 68040 Cube with NS 3.3 and 64Mb ram
nextchef

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pentium wrote:
The video torrent is still down while I try and setup again. Sure it's been four months but holy crap it is taking a while for a nice Linksys switch to surface.

I re-activated my sharing of the video torrent. I didn't get any connections for a couple of months, so I took it out of active seeding.

Grab it if you need to.
Mike_H

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagle wrote:
Rob, I would love to see some NeXT programming tutorials as well. I'd love to be able to do OS X/iPhone programming, but I think I'd like to start "small," by learning the relatively smaller NeXT API. Smile

Simson still has his NeXT programming book online in PDF format.

http://www.nextcomputers.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=58
eagle

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, thanks for the link; I have downloaded the PDF and will start working through it.
oneNeXT

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you accept submissions to put on your site?
Mike_H

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagle wrote:

Here's another good tutorial:

http://www.cs.indiana.edu/classes/c304/oop-intro.html
compusplurge

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On this subject,

Does anyone have a 1:1 copy of kb7sqi's server, or a nearly perfect one? I have recently secured an unlimited hosting services just for the purpose of preserving such things for NeXT Machines. If anyone has such a thing, I would much appreciate a PM.

Maybe we could arrange for myself to get a copy of it on DVD or something similar.

Much appreciated,

//cs
eagle

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

compusplurge wrote:
On this subject,

Does anyone have a 1:1 copy of kb7sqi's server, or a nearly perfect one?

I've been waiting for him to provide me with one, because I have the storage space and the bandwidth to do it. He must just be really really really busy for the last 3-5 years or so...
compusplurge

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About four months ago I had gotten ahold of him, and we made arrangements for him to upload his stuff to the place I've got for it.... but then he disappeared.

I realize how busy one's life can get. I just hope he is alright. I'd hate to loose such a nice person, nor such a valuable resource.

//cs

PS: We'll see how it goes. I seem to have located someone that leeched the majority of it, and is willing to send me it on optical media. Short of kb7sqi contacting me, this may be as good as it gets.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NeXT Computers Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: