NeXT Computers Forum Index NeXT Computers
www.NeXTComputers.org

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
No network interface in OpenStep 4.2, VMWare 7. Any help???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NeXT Computers Forum Index -> Emulation / Virtualization
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Simple Xu

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:21 am    Post subject: No network interface in OpenStep 4.2, VMWare 7. Any help??? Reply with quote

I used to install OpenStep 4.2 in VMWare Fusion in my Mac, and it went well, the display, the network, they all work!
Then I want to try to develop some software on OpenStep, so I need to install OpenStep 4.2 in my desktop computer in my Lab.
The computer in my Lab is running Windows 7 and VMWare Workstation 7.
I use the same way to install OpenStep 4.2, and it was successful. After some basic configuration, I went to the network part.
That's where the problems come out.
First, I installed the network driver for VMWare, and set the IP and router in the HostManager.app, and after reboot, I still have no network interface. All the IPs in my Lab is unreachable.
Then, I followed the instruction which solved the same problem in VMWare Fusion.(http://www.nextcomputers.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2285). I deleted the very line in the .vmx file, I did all the stuff in the instruction. AFter that, my OpenStep won't boot!!! I use the -v mode to boot and only got a system panic warning which lead me to a mini terminal.

So I wonder if the instruction only works for the VMWare Fusion? How to enable my network in VMWare Workstation 7? Dose the driver not work in VMWare 7? Should I just install an older version of VMWare?

Any help will be grateful!!!
Simple Xu

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, problem solved!
Still the same way
I just do that again, and again
And suddenly, it worked!!!
Though I still don't know why it doesn't work before . . .
Anyway, I got my network working, hoooooooooo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NeXT Computers Forum Index -> Emulation / Virtualization All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: