NeXT Computers Forum Index NeXT Computers
www.NeXTComputers.org

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Canon object.station 41

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NeXT Computers Forum Index -> Classic Computer Marketplace
View previous topic :: View next topic  
athomason

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:26 pm    Post subject: Canon object.station 41 Reply with quote

I was the head of Canon's effort around Intel based hardware running NeXTstep, and have packed away an object.station 41 that I would like to find a new home for.

It was working when last used, about 10+ years ago.

I also have some literature and sales material from that time, as well as manuals and drivers for NeXTstep and Win-NT

Do not believe I still have the keyboard, but any PS2 keyboard will work.

This unit is serial number 00001, the 1st 'production' unit that was never sold. Am looking for someone who would be interested in it as I no longer have a place to keep it. I do have two conditions:

1) You pay shipping,
2) You need to find some way to post the drivers for downloading by others. (both NeXTstep and Win-NT drivers)

If interested, please contact me at: al_thomason@iname.com Computer is currently located in Portland OR

Thank you
-al-
pitz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: Canon object.station 41 Reply with quote

I've personally seen this and such a great piece of engineering.

http://nextcomputers.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2169
(Yet to fix re-configuring my blog...)

Al, if you stayed around Portland, I'd love to drive over, chat once more, and get this thing humming again...

athomason wrote:
I was the head of Canon's effort around Intel based hardware running NeXTstep, and have packed away an object.station 41 that I would like to find a new home for.

I also have some literature and sales material from that time, as well as manuals and drivers for NeXTstep and Win-NT

This unit is serial number 00001, the 1st 'production' unit that was never sold. Am looking for someone who would be interested in it as I no longer have a place to keep it. I do have two conditions:

1) You pay shipping,
2) You need to find some way to post the drivers for downloading by others. (both NeXTstep and Win-NT drivers)

If interested, please contact me at: al_thomason@iname.com Computer is currently located in Portland OR

Thank you
-al-
Rob Blessin Black Hole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:38 am    Post subject: Re: Canon object.station 41 Reply with quote

Hello: I have one here as well please let me know when you post the drivers an install guide would be helpful , I tried going about it the normal intel install way but am stymied and thinking maybe they had a special boot floppy or drivers? Best regards Rob Blessin

pitz wrote:
I've personally seen this and such a great piece of engineering.

http://nextcomputers.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2169
(Yet to fix re-configuring my blog...)

Al, if you stayed around Portland, I'd love to drive over, chat once more, and get this thing humming again...

athomason wrote:

1) You pay shipping,

Thank you
-al-

gtnicol

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one of these as well. I could image the disk from y working machine (using dump). That should allow you to just format a drive, and use restore to get everything else going.
Rob Blessin Black Hole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gtnicol wrote:
I have one of these as well. I could image the disk from y working machine (using dump). That should allow you to just format a drive, and use restore to get everything else going.
Hello Gavin: That would be cool, it would be kind of neat to get her running. Best regards Rob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NeXT Computers Forum Index -> Classic Computer Marketplace All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: