NeXT Computers Forum Index NeXT Computers
www.NeXTComputers.org

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
ND Cube with only 1 Monitor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NeXT Computers Forum Index -> NeXTdimension Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hunterkll

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:54 am    Post subject: ND Cube with only 1 Monitor Reply with quote

I've heard that if I have a soundbox, I can run just the one color monitor on my cube (even the marketing literature says that ... )

I have a known good soundbox and periphreals, and when I trigger the cubes to boot by touching a resistor to pin 6 and GND on the DB-19 on the motherboard, it powers up, shows firmware / boot type output on the monitor (I don't have mono cables yet to hook a B&W monitor up so i'm stuck trying this, heh!) ... so it would appear the cube's motherboard itself and the ND card are both working...

so why won't it take keyboard input from the ND card or power up with the keypress?!? Crying or Very sad

The cubes are stock 040's and even swapping for another mobo does not help....
gtnicol

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have the keyboard plugged into the soundbox? On a cube you have to run a cable from the DB19 on the motherboard to the soundbox in order for the keyboard to work.
hunterkll

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, indeed, that is how I have it set up. Do you have any details/schematics for this cable?
gtnicol

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The DB19 cable is just a pass-through, so there's not much to tell. Check the number of pins though: I have seen a number of DB19 cables that are missing pins.
hunterkll

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah! So I have to hook the soundbox into the cube's motherboard, and the monitor just straight through, as normal. Okay, I never thought of that! Well, then, i'm back to waiting on cables then, thanks a lot for the info!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NeXT Computers Forum Index -> NeXTdimension Board All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: