NeXT Computers Forum Index NeXT Computers
www.NeXTComputers.org

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Problems booting NextSTEP 3.3 on HP 712/60

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NeXT Computers Forum Index -> Sun / HPPA Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frankie_1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:36 am    Post subject: Problems booting NextSTEP 3.3 on HP 712/60 Reply with quote

Hi! I already posted similar question some time ago but nobody answered... i have NextSTEP booting problems on my HP 712/60, i already installed it but it hangs on network daemons, please does someone have somekind of idea?
oneNeXT

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you check you network adaptator with other OS ?

Are you starting it in a running network ( i mean not standalone) ?

Is there any other netinfo server running in your network ?
nextregaz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: Problems booting NextSTEP 3.3 on HP 712/60 Reply with quote

frankie_1 wrote:
Hi! I already posted similar question some time ago but nobody answered... i have NextSTEP booting problems on my HP 712/60, i already installed it but it hangs on network daemons, please does someone have somekind of idea?

Hi frankie_1,

I have the same problem, but by entering Ctrl-C it goes on and boots perfectly. My machine is stand alone, without network cable connected to it. I have a AUI ThinLAN Transceiver, but never tried to connect it to the 15 pins connector. Perhaps if a working network connection is available, it will not stop.

I will try and keep you informed ...

Regards,

Tony
frankie_1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Problems booting NextSTEP 3.3 on HP 712/60 Reply with quote

oneNeXT wrote:
Did you check you network adaptator with other OS ?

Are you starting it in a running network ( i mean not standalone) ?

Is there any other netinfo server running in your network ?

Yep... i already installed earlier HP-UX 10.20 on it and the NIC is working fine... NeXTSTEP recognizes the card correctly. No, i'm not running it in a network environment and there is no NetInfo server anywhere... i tried run it with cable pulled out, pulled in, even tried to boot into single mode and manually edit hosts file, nothing helps! The version is 3.3.4.17 and after fresh install and configuration screens it just stalls on Mounting network filesystems... when i boot it with -v option and press a couple of times Ctrl-C it continues with booting the daemons and then stops on 'update' daemon... can't understand it!

nextregaz wrote:
frankie_1 wrote:

Hi frankie_1,

I have the same problem, but by entering Ctrl-C it goes on and boots perfectly. My machine is stand alone, without network cable connected to it. I have a AUI ThinLAN Transceiver, but never tried to connect it to the 15 pins connector. Perhaps if a working network connection is available, it will not stop.

I will try and keep you informed ...

Regards,

Tony

Tony read the comment above... i tried everything, nothing helps...

Please maybe you two know someone who can solve the problem!?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NeXT Computers Forum Index -> Sun / HPPA Hardware All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: