NeXT Computers Forum Index NeXT Computers
www.NeXTComputers.org

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
WTB: Dimension board - PAL in europe
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NeXT Computers Forum Index -> Classic Computer Marketplace
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chriskapeller

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:59 am    Post subject: WTB: Dimension board - PAL in europe Reply with quote

Hi Next community

I own a working Turbo Cube and I would like to get a dimension board for it. Somewhere from Europe would be nice - a PAL version would be perfect but a US version is fine too.

Chris

--

Update on July 2015:
I am still looking for a PAL version from Europe but also would take a US Version. Preferable from Europe so I don't have to pay customs.

Thanks
chriskapeller

Last edited by chriskapeller on Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:19 am; edited 3 times in total
pitz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: WTB: Looking to buy a dimension board - PAL in europe Reply with quote

chriskapeller wrote:
Hi there

Has anyone a OpenStep 4.2 Install CD and floppy for 68K machines?

Just a note that the OpenStep 4.2 Install CD is the same for m68k and i386. The installation contains tri-fat binaries. The floppy images (standard 1.44MB diskette images) are available here at the file archive:
http://www.nextcomputers.org/NeXTfiles/Software/OPENSTEP/Floppy_Images/

/pitz
mikeboss

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi chris

did you find an openstep CD? here you might find what you're looking for ->

http://www.max1zzz.co.uk/servers.html

209M /Volumes/data3/*|Classic Mac stuff/os's/Openstep/4.2/Openstep-4.2-Intel-Developer.iso.zip
225M /Volumes/data3/*|Classic Mac stuff/os's/Openstep/4.2/Openstep-4.2-Intel-User.iso.zip

even though these ISOs are named "intel" they work just fine on black hardware (just as noted by pitz).

or, asking Google:
http://www.google.ch/#hl=de&sclient=psy-ab&q=%22Openstep-4.2-Intel-User.iso.zip%22&oq=%22Openstep-4.2-Intel-User.iso.zip%22

regards,
michael
Rob Blessin Black Hole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Openstep 4.2 Iso Reply with quote

Hello NeXT community : We have NeXTStep and Openstep Iso for download , any price helps keep our lights on and yes we have permission from Apple legal and the support of many legacy NeXT 3 rd party developers to support the NeXT community And actually work with them directly. If price is an issue just drop us a pm or email sales@blackholeinc.com as part of the forum my interest is in supporting the NeXT community with Your price and ill create a link to download a clean virus free fresh and approved download and also offer support . If the time expires on it I just reset the link for you. It works great and has been downloaded internationally with success ; we are adding more NeXT software daily for your convenience and will also act as a mirror for the forum site . I also procured or gained permission long ago for A lot of the NeXT 3 rd party CDs . In fact feel free to comment on what you feel is a fair price Check out http://www.blackholeinc.com best regards Rob Blessin
chriskapeller

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a normal ISO Image - how do I burn it from a OSX Mac? od a PC?

I have TOAST ...

tx
chriskapeller
Noth

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just burn it the usual way, nothing special there.
chriskapeller

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:24 am    Post subject: Re: WTB: Dimension board - PAL in europe Reply with quote

chriskapeller wrote:
Hi Next community

I own a working Turbo Cube and I would like to get a dimension board for it. Somewhere from Europe would be nice - a PAL version would be perfect but a us version is fine too.

Chris

Perhaps someone would respond to me to sell....?
NeXTnewbe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got an spare cube but not colour, I can give oyu the details if you are interested, I'm in the UK

Thanks
mikeboss

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NeXTnewbe wrote:
I got an spare cube but not colour, I can give oyu the details if you are interested, I'm in the UK

Thanks

chris is looking to buy an ND board. see here ->

http://www.kevra.org/TheBestOfNext/NeXTProducts/NeXTHardware/NeXTdimensionBoard/files/page623_3.pdf

and here ->

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NeXTdimension

tomaz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does one tell a PAL ND from a NTSC one? What three letters do the PAL serial numbers start with?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mikeboss

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomaz wrote:
How does one tell a PAL ND from a NTSC one? What three letters do the PAL serial numbers start with?

IIRC it is mentioned in the messages log if there's a PAL or NTSC version in the cube. also it's written somewhere on a sticker, or was it the serial, on the board itself.

edit:
I just checked it. both my NeXTdimensions are PAL versions and the serial number starts with "PAL".
tomaz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikeboss wrote:
both my NeXTdimensions are PAL versions and the serial number starts with "PAL".
I thought I'd heard that, but don't have any PAL NeXTdimensions (all mine are NTSC), so haven't seen one in real life.

I'd quite like to get a PAL one myself, if any were to come up for sale.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mikeboss

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so, the serial number of an NTSC ND starts with "NTSC"?
tomaz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No the NTSC ones are "AAL".
chriskapeller

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:22 am    Post subject: Re: WTB: Dimension board - PAL in europe Reply with quote

Anyone !!!

chriskapeller wrote:
Hi Next community

I own a working Turbo Cube and I would like to get a dimension board for it. Somewhere from Europe would be nice - a PAL version would be perfect but a US version is fine too.

Chris

--

Update on July 2015:
I am still looking for a PAL version from Europe but also would take a US Version. Preferable from Europe so I don't have to pay customs.

Thanks
chriskapeller
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NeXT Computers Forum Index -> Classic Computer Marketplace All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: