NeXT Computers Forum Index NeXT Computers
www.NeXTComputers.org

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
NeXT Computer Poster!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    NeXT Computers Forum Index -> The Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
harryman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject: NeXT Computer Poster!! Reply with quote

Hi Guys

I was wondering if anyone have for sale (original) or a scan 1:1 scale of the Next posters like this one and the one where is the cube that can share

thanks
Nitro
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The poster in the picture belongs to Rob Blessin of Black Hole, Inc. I saw it at his old house, along with the little green figure on the monitor. Smile I may see him this weekend when I pick up some Colorstations that I purchased, so I'll ask him about it. Maybe it could be recreated in Photoshop?
blackcube

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the 1988 launch poster for the Cube framed on the wall of my office. I also have a copy of the "Ten Things" poster from the early 90's that I plan to frame for my art collection. I really need to find a copy of that station poster to complete the set.

I have never thought about scanning the poster. I may have to check with some graphic shops in Dallas to check the cost of scanning and printing copies. I also have a poster for the launch of the Sun Sparcstation 1.
harryman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackcube wrote:
I have the 1988 launch poster for the Cube framed on the wall of my office. I also have a copy of the "Ten Things" poster from the early 90's that I plan to frame for my art collection. I really need to find a copy of that station poster to complete the set.

I have never thought about scanning the poster. I may have to check with some graphic shops in Dallas to check the cost of scanning and printing copies. I also have a poster for the launch of the Sun Sparcstation 1.

Great!!

Would be possible to know when you scan your posters, and Could you plase let me know it, I want those "1988 launch poster for the Cube, Ten Things", just the scanning please

thanks Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nitro wrote:
The poster in the picture belongs to Rob Blessin of Black Hole, Inc. I saw it at his old house, along with the little green figure on the monitor. Smile I may see him this weekend when I pick up some Colorstations that I purchased, so I'll ask him about it. Maybe it could be recreated in Photoshop?

Hi Nitro,

Please let me know what you find out. I can help with recreating this poster in Photoshop, or scanning an original. Just let me know.

Thanks
Wackymacs

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would really be great if someone could scan them 300 dpi and put them on the internet as JPEGs for us all to see.
harryman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys

any luck with the scan, plase I would like to know any news

thanks
harryman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

harryman wrote:
Hi guys

thanks

mmmm! nothig there yet

Embarassed
Nitro
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the slow response. I talked to Rob yesterday and he said that as far as he knows, the poster is one of a kind, so he doesn’t have any for sale. However, he has some NeXTWorld posters for sale. You can contact him through the phone number / email address on his website at http://www.blackholeinc.com/specials/contact.shtml . There’s a copy of the NeXTstation image here if 68040 or someone else wants to do some Photoshop magic:

http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/4698/nst/page3.htm
blackcube

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

harryman wrote:
harryman wrote:
Hi guys

thanks

mmmm! nothig there yet

Embarassed

Classic computer projects and "hobby computer things to do" are so on the back burner with me. It may take me months to find spare time to arrange something like a scan of my posters. It's not that I don't want to get it done but between my $job and $kids and $wife and $second $job and $new house, I really have very few minutes to call my own.

This is something that I will look into but it may be a couple of months before I have a chance. I have three daughters, one wife and over 10k desktops to support that come first. When I do find something out, I'll post it ASAP.

Edit: I reread my post and I think it exhibits a bitchy tone that I didn't mean to convey. It's beena really rare day today. I'm sorry guys.
harryman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackcube wrote:

Classic computer projects and "hobby computer things to do" are so on the back burner with me. It may take me months to find spare time to arrange something like a scan of my posters. It's not that I don't want to get it done but between my $job and $kids and $wife and $second $job and $new house, I really have very few minutes to call my own.

This is something that I will look into but it may be a couple of months before I have a chance. I have three daughters, one wife and over 10k desktops to support that come first. When I do find something out, I'll post it ASAP.

Edit: I reread my post and I think it exhibits a bitchy tone that I didn't mean to convey. It's beena really rare day today. I'm sorry guys.

Oh!, it's ok, I can wait, and thanks a lot for your comments, just let s know when things happend

thanks
NeXTnewbe

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello There

a new in this forum, but NeXT user for some years back when I was at university

So, any news about the posters, I would like to get a copy of both posters (NeXT Cube and Slab)

so, let me know

Thanks
weps

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

does any one have an image of, or can they describe the nextworld posters?
itomato

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just whipped up an SVG version - converted the GIF, enlarged the bitmap, and ran it through Inkscape's bitmap trace..

It's not perfect, and it's not an original, but it's plottable 8)

I just may run up to Kinko's and see what happens..

I need to look at some other posters for reference, and find out what the deal is with the tablecloth-looking shadow..

The SVGZ is 18"x24", but is resizable of course..

--
I messed around with it a little more..

Here's an Illustrator version
And a PDF Version
NeXTnewbe

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks

Is very good, I will send it to print on big format, thanks again

do you know someone who have the Next cube poster, plase let us know
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    NeXT Computers Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: