NeXT Computers Forum Index NeXT Computers
www.NeXTComputers.org

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Buy and Sell, Community and Information Website

View previous topic :: View next topic  
trent823

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:31 pm    Post subject: Buy and Sell, Community and Information Website Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I have been developing a website that is coming soon that I hope to offer user buying and selling functions, community forums and a dirty big database of information I have collected about NeXT over the last few years.

If you want to check it out its at this link:
http://www.whatnextcomputers.com/

(Admin please remove post if it violates any rules, just trying to share information on the site - site is not for personal gain, it will have no ads)

Thank you,
Trent
Jsmirand

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:08 pm    Post subject: Look forward to your site! Reply with quote

If you need some NeXT photos let me know (also sharing, not for gain).
John
trent823

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for sure - any addition would be appreciated
Rob Blessin Black Hole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Buy and Sell, Community and Information Website Reply with quote

trent823 wrote:
Hi guys,

I have been developing a website that is coming soon that I hope to offer user buying and selling functions, community forums and a dirty big database of information I have collected about NeXT over the last few years.

If you want to check it out its at this link:
http://www.whatnextcomputers.com/

(Admin please remove post if it violates any rules, just trying to share information on the site - site is not for personal gain, it will have no ads)

Thank you,
Trent

Hello Trent: I'm willing to help you out a little , may be I can list some items on your site and if they sell through it , I would be happy to at some point either send you a little commission or perhaps some NeXT gear or if you prefer just good cheer. I have quite a bit of inventory and ship globally but am always willing to help others , I think I have more than fair pricing and am often less that everything else on EBay , I also make sure stuff works beforehand to save trouble. I don't really look at this as competition more of it is cool at this point in the game having another resource for NeXT products, services and information on the web as most of the planet is still unfamiliar with how cool NeXT really was and still is! If you were not all the way down under we may have been able to have inventory on hand. Also I have quite a few customers from Australia past, present and no doubt future and will gladly point them at your site and you may be able to accumulate some hardware from them or provide hardware to them saving them shipping expense if it is already there why not. I'll guess I'll learn more as your site debuts.
Best regards Rob Blessin Very Happy
trent823

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Robert: Glad to hear from you - I'm very aware of your involvement in the NeXT Community - and that you have a large amount of stock.
In regards to selling items on the site I'd be interested in having you list your items for sure. I do plan to eventually apply a commission scheme to help with the up keep of the site because I will not be having any ads - however I intend to make it lower than eBays and I intend to make large suppliers, like yourself have lower commission pricing because it'll be you and another fellow I've spoken to in the US that will make for almost 40% of all sales online for NeXT gear.
And like I said earlier at this stage the schemes are not set so selling will be free - no commission will be billed to sellers until notified.
At this stage the store will not be publicly available at the time of the site launch but will be released soon after (unforeseen security procedure)

I don't plan to be anyone's competition, I just want to create a platform where people can trade in NeXT hardware and related items exclusively but the key goal is to be informative because even Wikipedia has shit all information of specs for the software, hardware etc. And I'm going to be clear that I have no large collection of stock - at best I'll be contributing software floppies to the trading page. Lately I have been even speaking with other people interested in the project and other developers about talking to the creators of nextcomputers.org (haven't taken the time to track them down yet) and finding out if they would be open to What NeXT externally directing users to the forum instead of creating a new forum mainly because this forum is already full of really great information.

Also mate, if you have particular hardware parts you sell in Australia frequently I'm happy for you to ship large packages with multiple items to my place and then I can ship within Australia for you when people order what ever it is - save you some money on postage I would imagine - postage from the US to Australia is excessive. Essential offering to be a stock point for you and other supplies that sell high volumes in Australia but are based overseas

I'm more than aware that there are many NeXT users that known much more than I do about the hardware and I'm really looking forward to getting feedback about the information the site has and what it is missing so I can make it the best it can be. Anyone who is willing to help is seriously appreciated so if you have information about hardware specs, software specs etc please just send whatever you have to me.

Thank you Robert, and everyone else who has shown interest in the website and its development,

Trent
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NeXT Computers Forum Index -> NeXT Work Logs All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: