NeXT Computers Forum Index NeXT Computers
www.NeXTComputers.org

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
About out of my NeXT gear. NeXT was a fun ride!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NeXTsociety

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:33 pm    Post subject: About out of my NeXT gear. NeXT was a fun ride! Reply with quote

Well I have now sold or found good homes for all my NeXT gear. Only things I may have is a few trinkets of things I have on eBay like a brochure or two or something hidden in some closest I will stumble across in the future.

It was a fun ride but was time to move on. Other things in life and wanted to simplify my hobbies so selling off some of my cool old tech.

Have owned many NeXTs since the 1990s and my last one was a triple headed NeXTcube Turbo with 2 NeXTdimension cards and running 2 NeXT 21" displays and a mono 17" NeXT display. Was fun... heavy.... but cool.

I will stick around and peak in every now and then. Maybe I will have some barn-find one day of an older dude with a NeXTcube in his garage and he wants it gone for $50. hehe.

Never say never that I will not get one again one day but for now, time to rest from NeXT for a spell.

Until NeXT time, you all rock on!

TJ
pentium

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been great having you in the community. I do hope you do peek in again from time to time.

-NeXT 68040 Cube with NS 3.3 and 64Mb ram
Rob Blessin Black Hole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: About out of my NeXT gear. NeXT was a fun ride! Reply with quote

NeXTsociety wrote:
Well I have now sold or found good homes for all my NeXT gear. Only things I may have is a few trinkets of things I have on eBay like a brochure or two or something hidden in some closest I will stumble across in the future.

It was a fun ride but was time to move on. Other things in life and wanted to simplify my hobbies so selling off some of my cool old tech.

Have owned many NeXTs since the 1990s and my last one was a triple headed NeXTcube Turbo with 2 NeXTdimension cards and running 2 NeXT 21" displays and a mono 17" NeXT display. Was fun... heavy.... but cool.

I will stick around and peak in every now and then. Maybe I will have some barn-find one day of an older dude with a NeXTcube in his garage and he wants it gone for $50. hehe.

Never say never that I will not get one again one day but for now, time to rest from NeXT for a spell.

Until NeXT time, you all rock on!

TJ

Hello TJ: Have a good one , we'll see you around. Best Regards Rob Blessin
vought

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: About out of my NeXT gear. NeXT was a fun ride! Reply with quote

NeXTsociety wrote:

TJ

Thanks for your help, and the great meet up. I spent a 'guy' weekend mostly on my own and playing with new equipment. Big smile on my face most of the time until I accidentally shut off the window server in inetd.conf and had to edit the file from the mach shell.

These things are hard to use if you can't log in...
NeXTsociety

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you are having fun with it all vought.

Enjoy!

TJ
NeXTsociety

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I think I am finally out of all NeXT related goods. After finding the two modems I had, those sold this last month so that is it.

I will still pop in here every now and then. Seems to be a habit.

Doubt I will ever own NeXT again but one never knows.

I enjoyed The NeXTcube. It will still be one of the coolest boxes around.

But time marches on and time for other hobbies to take over.

Until then, hope your NeXTride is uber cool.

TJ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NeXT Computers Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: