NeXT Computers Forum Index NeXT Computers
www.NeXTComputers.org

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Tweaking Previous

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NeXT Computers Forum Index -> Emulation / Virtualization
View previous topic :: View next topic  
itomato

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:06 pm    Post subject: Tweaking Previous Reply with quote

I have spent the last few days loading up and configuring VMs with OpenStep, and I am *soft inside* over Previous, and reliving life with Black (Virtual) Hardware.

BlackIcons, kb7sqi's packages, Y2K patch, bash.. It really feels like home.

No mucking around with floppies, hunting down SCSI devices (that work) or 70 pound CRT displays, not to mention the flexibility of booting a Nitro Turbo Color, and loading a different config to have a 25Mhz 030 Cube, with MO drive.

Kudos!

Last edited by itomato on Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
pitz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: I <3 Previous Reply with quote

itomato wrote:
I have spent the last few days loading up and configuring VMs with OpenStep, and I am *soft inside* over Previous, and reliving life with Black (Virtual) Hardware.

BlackIcons, kb7sqi's packages, Y2K patch, bash.. It really feels like home.

No mucking around with floppies, hunting down SCSI devices (that work) or 70 pound CRT displays, not to mention the flexibility of booting a Nitro Turbo Color, and loading a different config to have a 25Mhz 030 Cube, with MO drive.

Kudos!

HEAR, HEAR!
itomato

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:03 pm    Post subject: Monaco font patch Reply with quote

I have been fiddling around with the SDL GUI resources to replace the Atari font from Hatari with something more familiar.

font10x16.h is just an X bitmap. Loading the BMP format file into GIMP makes it simple to replace each of the characters and change the icons to be a little more NeXT-like.

Drop this one into your src/gui-sdl directory and 'make', or load the standard BMP from the source into GIMP and export as XBM. Change the extension to .h and rebuild!

https://github.com/itomato/Previous-tweaks/blob/master/font10x16.h

itomato

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another one - a patch to sdlgui.c to change the RGB values to match a Mono NeXT.

https://github.com/itomato/Previous-tweaks/blob/master/sdlgui.c

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NeXT Computers Forum Index -> Emulation / Virtualization All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: