NeXT Computers Forum Index NeXT Computers
www.NeXTComputers.org

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
WTB: HP 712 (or SS) for NeXTStep in UK/Europe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NeXT Computers Forum Index -> Classic Computer Marketplace
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ttmooney

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:03 pm    Post subject: WTB: HP 712 (or SS) for NeXTStep in UK/Europe Reply with quote

Hi All --

I'd like to have a NeXTStep box again. Shipping from the USA is a killer, though (I live in London). It'd be great to have a Turbo Dimension, but being a little bit realistic about deskspace requirements (and costs), it's not really an option for now.

But an HP 712 would be perfect! Or maybe a SS. Anyone out there with something they don't mind parting with? I've had a look around EBay, and it doesn't seem like there's much available.

Kind regards,

travis
bobo68

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in a simimlar situation last year. Just take your time and have a look at eBay, local classifieds etc. on a regular basis.

But do not expect a bargain offer. A NeXtstation in good condition with monitor, etc. will cost money.

HP workstations are also quite expensive. I was hunting for one last year and had to learn that they are still in use for some obscure applications (aerospace?). If the professionals find them, prices go up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NeXT Computers Forum Index -> Classic Computer Marketplace All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: