NeXT Computers Forum Index NeXT Computers
www.NeXTComputers.org

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
[PATCH] Fixing Previous on GNU/Linux (window not repainting)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NeXT Computers Forum Index -> Emulation / Virtualization
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mmu_man

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:33 am    Post subject: [PATCH] Fixing Previous on GNU/Linux (window not repainting) Reply with quote

Hi,
I discovered Previous this week-end after discussing about a NeXT workstation someone brought to a local retro event.
I tried to build the latest branch (branch_realtime) but it failed to display anything in the window...
I ended up git bisecting the repo until 4am, and found it worked on r585, next dozen revs failed to build, while the next revision that actually compiled had a broken display.
The culprit is SDL_CreateRenderer() is now being called from a different thread than the one that actually calls SDL_RenderPresent().
It seems that those should actually only be called from the main thread anyway, but at least it works this way.
(I'm on Debian Sid)

http://revolf.free.fr/linux/patches/0001-Fix-display-on-GNU-Linux.patch
andreas_g

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!

Thank you for the patch. I extended it to the NeXTdimension repaint thread and applied it to the repository. Please test the latest revision (r642) or branch_realtime. It would be interesting for me, if the NeXTdimension screen also repaints correctly now.

Regards,
Andreas
mmu_man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I activated it in the settings, and got the ND indicator on the status bar, and color display worked just fine, so I suppose it works as well Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NeXT Computers Forum Index -> Emulation / Virtualization All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: