NeXT Computers Forum Index NeXT Computers
www.NeXTComputers.org

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
What's your best Black Hardware purchase?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
brams

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep I think that's OK, iirc I think you got it quite cheap compared to what I sold NS 3.3 Risc CD ROM on it's own to a guy in Germany for 45 pounds.

It's been a while but I also seem to think I got a decent price for OS 4.2 developer about 50 pounds when I sold it.
nextchef

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerPC wrote:
No it was that one, a few minutes ago http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270034392425&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:DE:11 (hope thats the right one) - important stuff was translated by me before and is 1.2 $ apparently Smile

Are you in the USA? How much would the shipping be to get it here. I have never tried to get things from ebay in european countries because the shipping can be excessive.

Chef
brams

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nextchef wrote:
PowerPC wrote:
No it was that one, a few minutes ago http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270034392425&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:DE:11 (hope thats the right one) - important stuff was translated by me before and is 1.2 $ apparently Smile

Are you in the USA? How much would the shipping be to get it here. I have never tried to get things from ebay in european countries because the shipping can be excessive.

Chef

I'd not think it was expensive to ship CD's, I buy RAM from the USA and it costs peanuts to get it shipped to the UK.
nextchef

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess if it is just a few pounds or less, it would be more affordable than a heavy system such as an Indy2.

Chef
PowerPC

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No i'm in Germany and buy most of my stuff there also since i've no creditcard or don't use paypal for now - so paying for overseas stuff would be kind of a problem Very Happy - but what i've seen in ebay.com before would sugest shipping costs to THE Very Happy continent being an issue fore sure.
brams

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought my BeBox with loads of other stuff from the USA, iirc it cost about 140 bucks shipping via USPS which I didn't think was too bad.
PowerPC

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting your hands on a bebox is a totally different issue. Very Happy
brams

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wink, yup I know, my point is that re the SGI Indy, shipping is not a expensive as people think as long as you are prepared to wait a few weeks. If you want is sent via air freight within a few days then it gets expensive.
PowerPC

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wanted to buy an Indy myself a few days ago but it got too expensive (and had to buy NS today) so i'm stuck with my indigo2 Crying or Very sad - slightly OT i think but anyway... Very Happy
nextchef

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerPC wrote:
Wanted to buy an Indy myself a few days ago but it got too expensive (and had to buy NS today) so i'm stuck with my indigo2 Crying or Very sad - slightly OT i think but anyway... Very Happy

I just won an auction this week for an Indigo 2 to compliment my O2. Got it for $25, and it contains hard disk with IRIX 5.3, CD and floppy disk. Need to pick it up tomorrow, along with a few other things I got from the same seller. Now that is a heavy system, which seems to keep a lot of people from bidding when you are looking at $30-50 in shipping just across the us by ups.

Chef
nextchef

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerPC wrote:
Getting your hands on a bebox is a totally different issue. Very Happy

Aint that the truth. I have been looking for one of them longer than the NeXT stuff. I was bidding on another indigo 2, and I saw the blue front top of a BeBox in the background on the floor. I asked what he wanted for it, and he said it had taken him 2 years to find it, and that he was not willing to even entertain an offer for it. The kicker is that he is about 45min away from me, so the normal shipping cost could be added to the offer. Hopefully he will have a change of heart in the future, and I can get a chance on it.

Chef
PowerPC

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nextchef wrote:
won an auction this week for an Indigo 2 to compliment my O2. Got it for $25
Chef

Got my Indigo2 (great machine) for 10 , so that was really a good catch. But also only for picking it up myself - saw Indigos with shipping option sold for more than 120. (Btw. anyone knows what a 13w3 to vga konverter to use on such a system - my sgi monitor aint that good and i would like to use maybe a flatscreen)

On Be Stuff i got only a System 4 & 4.5 Release Box but none of my Machines are really compatible with it Sad
blackcube

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shipped a NeXT Cube to Warsaw a few years ago. I sold it on ebay and the buy paid me around $300 for the Cube. Then shipping to Warsaw ran another $245 for USPS. UPS and FedEx were totally out of the question with quotes running over $700.
brams

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerPC wrote:
nextchef wrote:
won an auction this week for an Indigo 2 to compliment my O2. Got it for $25
Chef

Got my Indigo2 (great machine) for 10 , so that was really a good catch. But also only for picking it up myself - saw Indigos with shipping option sold for more than 120. (Btw. anyone knows what a 13w3 to vga konverter to use on such a system - my sgi monitor aint that good and i would like to use maybe a flatscreen)

On Be Stuff i got only a System 4 & 4.5 Release Box but none of my Machines are really compatible with it Sad

I've been looking for some time for an Indy R5K 180, Indy is just the definative SGI for me along with the R10K I2 Max Impact. Seems to be a few of us on here now with SGI's.

BeBoxe's are really very cool, you'd have to pry mine from my cold dying hands as I have no intention to part with it ever. I hope you find one, as they are rather cool. However it seems you have to pay dearly for them, mine cost about 680 US plus shipping, from what I can tell you need to add 200 US to that price now and they'll keep going up.

There is somebody on the Vintage Computer forums who used to work for Be, he's got one and keeps making noises about selling it rev 8 133. Everytime I try to buy it he says he needs to find shipping costs then he forgets. You might have better luck.

13w3 is the same one you want for a NeXT I think, SOG 13w3, you might be able to use a Sun one if you rip some/all of the the small non Co-Ax pins out.
dravier

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have dreamed of owning a BeBox longer than NeXT in all honesty. I love me NeXT systems, but there's just something about the BeBoxen and BeOS. One day I'll have the money to get one... although I have been fortunate enough to aquire a set of SGI Indigo's for no cost at all. The first was almost thrown in to a dumpster. Thankfully I got a call just prior asking if I wanted it. The second one was from someone who had lost the power supply and didn't have the time to replace it. He gave me a stacked Indigo, a 21" SGI monitor, external hard disk and CD drive plus some odds and ends for the cost of shipping (the monitor was a bonus, he shipped it free of charge just because he wanted someone to love it and not dumpster it). None the less, I have a really nice SGI Indigo system that needs 5.2 reinstalled... I need to find room to set it up again.

Turbo Color slab NS 3.3

"a little rebellion now and then is a good thing"
- Thomas Jefferson
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NeXT Computers Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: