NeXT Computers Forum Index NeXT Computers
www.NeXTComputers.org

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Using Buildisk NeXTSTEP 1.0 from MicroSD to Optical Drive!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NeXT Computers Forum Index -> NEXTSTEP / OPENSTEP Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rob Blessin Black Hole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:38 pm    Post subject: Using Buildisk NeXTSTEP 1.0 from MicroSD to Optical Drive! Reply with quote

Hello NeXT Community: I was not sure if this would work but it is I'm using a Micro SD image of NeXTSTEP 1.0 to Build a clean install of NeXTSTEP 1.0 onto optical Disk for a customer and it works ! It has been chugging away for several hours , thank you Brian, your optical drive repair is excellent , I have been hammering on this drive as they will be using it in a display. I convinced them a better solution since they are rare is to leave the working optical drive unplugged most of the time and just use the scsi2sd because working ones truly are so rare! Having fun with this one. Optical Drive sounds like a typewriter running amuck over on the bench during this process . Best regards Rob Blessin
paolo.bertolo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I confirm! I built a couple of disks some time ago: it takes ages, but it just works.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NeXT Computers Forum Index -> NEXTSTEP / OPENSTEP Software All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: