NeXT Computers Forum Index NeXT Computers
www.NeXTComputers.org

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Hello to all of you

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PowerPC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:30 pm    Post subject: Hello to all of you Reply with quote

Being new to this Forum I would like to shortly introduce myself. Excuse me, if you will - as i'm not a native speaker my english may be faulty and i would appreciate if you don't mind too much.

My interest in this forum depends on seeming it to be on of the very few sources about NeXT in general.

I myself am interested in vintage Computing, collecting a few Items, exspecially Workstations, here and then in time, but as i'm still a student my budgets are limited and so my collection consists of a few items of lesser "historical" importance. Currently i'm most interested in NeXT and Silicon Graphics (but have an Atari and a Sun Ultra5 also)

Currently i 've a pre ADB NeXT Station (the 68k@25mhz with grayscale graphics) pimped to the full 32 MB RAM Very Happy including peripherals (Mouse, Keyboard, NeXT Laser Printer & the cool SCSI CD ROM, i secured that a few days ago Very Happy) and an ADB Station (HD burned out here) for spare parts. Sadly i've got no Systemdisk or CD which would allow further experimentation but i hope to change that in near future. While Hardware is still for sale here and then, information in general as well as Dokumentation seems to be another thing - so i'm here Wink

(Excuse as well my *,* as i have non idea whatsoever how comma are applied correctly within english grammar Wink )
nextchef

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forums. Your english is just fine, by the way.

Did you just pick that system up off of ebay, or somewhere local to where you live. Just curious to see where people are finding their NeXT stuff.

Chef
Nightengale

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! Your grammar is fine. Enjoy the site

Don
brams

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You did a great job of writing the message.

Commas (,) are used to indicate a pause within a sentence, much as if you where talking, how you'd pause to draw breath. It kind of breaks a sentence down into readable blocks. However I'm not really the person who should give English lessons as my spelling is crap Smile
PowerPC

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I acquired my items on ebay, seeming it to be the only convenient source (at least here in germany). It sure would help to know other sources, as with general interest rising prices are skyrocketing.

Liking to know the personal history of my items i always try to ask the vendors if they can help me out. For the ADB Station i got nothing, previous owner was a collector reorganizing his stocks - he was more in hp and knew nothing. But my pre ADB Station i got directly from a small buisness where it was used in desing.
PowerPC

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyway thanks for the lecture brams. It sure (the comma regulation) makes more sense than in german grammar where they are used to create some kind of synthactic order corresponding to a bunch of rules most people won't get in their lifetime. Very Happy
brams

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerPC wrote:
Anyway thanks for the lecture brams.

Embarassed

Only joking Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NeXT Computers Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: