www.NeXTComputers.org

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Cars...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
helf

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, you know a great deal about the McLarens... Shocked

It's been one of my favorite cars, But I didn't know all that. I knew they didn't make many road models...
brams

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

helf wrote:
wow, you know a great deal about the McLarens... Shocked

It's been one of my favorite cars, But I didn't know all that. I knew they didn't make many road models...

The road cars are probably only ever going to go up in value, I've never been in a McLaren and I probably never will, but a lot of respected people have said that it's the ultimate driving machine, sure an F40 is more raw (been in one of those) and a Veryon 16.4 much faster (will be going in one some day) but the F1 is the machine for me. Ive driven a couple of XJ220's and they are mighty impressive. F1's are so rare that most of the 95 and 96 short tail GTR racers have been put on the road with the intake restrictors removed (road F1 has more power than a race spec GTR).

On the point of the Veyron, everybody who I've spoken to who has driven one says it scared the hell out of them, my new job which I started this week in Kuwait gives me technical responsibility for the Veyron. My colleauge who's a young man of about 29 years old who likes bikes and used to race carts and single seat formula Renault and thus is used to speed said it made him feel sick to the point of vomiting, he said the rate of acceleration (faster than a Formula 1 GP car) is literally shocking in that it's virtually relentless up until about 230mph when the rate slows down.

By the time the McLaren has it 100mph the Veyron is doing 200mph, something which takes the McLaren another 16 seconds to achieve. Now imagine that the F1 is quicker than an Enzo and Carerra GT and it make the Veyron even more frightening.
helf

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, I've read about the veyron. It's pretty sweet. It 'morphs' when it hits 137mph. the rear spoiler comes out and the front end lowers. bloody HUGE engine. I would love to drive one just once.
pentium

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't own a car Very Happy

Instead I drive this little putter. It's slow (60 km/h max) but it's a gas saver and you can fit at least three bags of computer parts in compartments and between your feet.

I don't expect to be doing any street racing with a ninja any time soon.

-NeXT 68040 Cube with NS 3.3 and 64Mb ram
brams

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

helf wrote:
yes, I've read about the veyron. It's pretty sweet. It 'morphs' when it hits 137mph. the rear spoiler comes out and the front end lowers. bloody HUGE engine. I would love to drive one just once.

I'm not sure I'd use the word sweet to describe the Veyron, technology wise impressive for sure, fast yes, dangerous for sure in the wrong hands, imagine a 21 year old arabian Prince driving this thing.
helf

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, I mean't sweet as in cool technology and fast. It's as ugly as sin though. imo :)

Cool scooter, pentium. I have one sitting in my shed that needs some works. I should fix it and drive it around. It gets like 60mpg Razz
pentium

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pictured scooter is also in the midst of a rebuild. Sitting unused for 20 years can really do some damage and the paint job looks terrible up close.
If I recall, this thing can go around 100 km to a tank and a tank usually costs around $4. Bad thing is that it's a 2-stroke and very picky when the carb is not tuned.

-NeXT 68040 Cube with NS 3.3 and 64Mb ram
Ork

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McLaren... Ferary... for russia these cars isn't actual.... here is my car:

[/img]
NeXTorDeath

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Mercedes Puch G Reply with quote

Hallo!
I am a new user , i wait my NeXT (is on the road with DHL Wink) ...
this is my baby

PowerPC

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Mercedes Puch G Reply with quote

NeXTorDeath wrote:
...(is on the road with DHL Wink)...

DHL? Good luck with that! - at least they have a tendecy to break my shipments Crying or Very sad
NeXTorDeath

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:21 am    Post subject: Re: Mercedes Puch G Reply with quote

PowerPC wrote:

DHL? Good luck with that! - at least they have a tendecy to break my shipments Crying or Very sad

:evil: Hey!!! Is only from Germany to the Switzerland!! If the DHL smash my NeXT, their must a new NeXT build!!! Laughing
itomato

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: Mercedes Puch G Reply with quote

NeXTorDeath wrote:
Hallo!

That is a perfect G Wagen.. Just what I want!
idylukewild

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a photo of the first car I purchase new:

Last summer the timing belt broke when I accelerated from a red light. The photo shows it in a shop that was about 100 meters from where it broke down. My family and I had to wait for two days to find out it needed a new engine. Now it has a replacement engine and I just completed a 4,000 mile journey to Texas, Wisconsin and back - 7 days of driving over 14 days time. It's a 1993 and has just about 200,000 on the odometer. Before the timing belt went, all it required was routine maintenance (oil change, tires, brake pads). This car has served me well!
Thrax

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still drive the same 240 sx I bought new 14 years ago. I love it 'cause the handling is so superb especially with the 4WS.
The funny part is that this car has become popular among the younger people now as a "drifting car". I actually have people occassionally come up to me and make offers on it.
I also use to go to a lot of racing events like the local indy here in Toronto (CART/ChampCar race) to the F1 race in Montreal as well as the ALMS races just out side the city but not in recent years.
dlundh

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my baby:

It's a Ford Fiesta ST -06 and the third car I owned, second I bought new.

My next car will be either a Mazda 3 MPS, Focus ST or Mondeo ST.

I have owned:
Volvo 142 from the 70s, my first car. Handled like a pig, didn't like it.
Ford Fiesta 1.4L, bought new, liked it a lot. The only thing I could think of to improve it would be a larger engine - so I got that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NeXT Computers Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: