NeXT Computers Forum Index NeXT Computers
www.NeXTComputers.org
 
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages

Log inLog in  RegisterRegister


Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
NeXT Monitor weights
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NeXT Computers Forum Index -> Black Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
nextchef



Joined: 17 Aug 2006
Posts: 1016
Location: Missouri, USA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:16 am    Post subject: NeXT Monitor weights Reply with quote

What is the weight of the different type of next monitors available. I just may have found myself a nice lot of NeXT stuff, but I can not figure out the freight cost without a more exact weight for the monitors. I looked at the brochures on channelu for some of the other weights, but did not see one for the monitors. So who has shipped a system lately and can give me weights for the monitors?

Thanks,

Chef
_________________
Chef
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
urquidez



Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Posts: 67
Location: Chicagoland

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: NeXT Monitor weights Reply with quote

nextchef wrote:
What is the weight of the different type of next monitors available. I just may have found myself a nice lot of NeXT stuff, but I can not figure out the freight cost without a more exact weight for the monitors. I looked at the brochures on channelu for some of the other weights, but did not see one for the monitors. So who has shipped a system lately and can give me weights for the monitors?

Thanks,

Chef


the 21" inch MP I opened last night weighed in at 90 lbs with box and packing. Materials for packing included balls of industrial pallet wrap and carpet remnants for what that's worth. I just wished the guy had NOT shipped it in the original NeXT box. ARRRRRGH!

Freight is the way to go with more than 1 of those.


so...nice lot of NeXT stuff eh? do tell!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nextchef



Joined: 17 Aug 2006
Posts: 1016
Location: Missouri, USA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:43 am    Post subject: Re: NeXT Monitor weights Reply with quote

urquidez wrote:

the 21" inch MP I opened last night weighed in at 90 lbs with box and packing.

so...nice lot of NeXT stuff eh? do tell!


Thanks for the info on the weight for the 21in monitor, it helps a lot.

Not exactly sure what I have found yet, as I am still waiting for a complete inventory. From first conversations it appears to be more than 30 complete systems, some with printers even. Gonna be a good chunk of change for freight, but should be a nice haul of stuff.

Chef
_________________
Chef
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MacG4



Joined: 27 Mar 2006
Posts: 114
Location: Des Moines,Iowa

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: NeXT Monitor weights Reply with quote

nextchef wrote:
urquidez wrote:

the 21" inch MP I opened last night weighed in at 90 lbs with box and packing.

so...nice lot of NeXT stuff eh? do tell!


Thanks for the info on the weight for the 21in monitor, it helps a lot.

Not exactly sure what I have found yet, as I am still waiting for a complete inventory. From first conversations it appears to be more than 30 complete systems, some with printers even. Gonna be a good chunk of change for freight, but should be a nice haul of stuff.

Chef
oh yeah? save a cube for me
_________________
"keeping the NeXT legacy alive one day at a time"
-NeXTStation Mono, NeXTStation Turbo Mono, NeXTStation Turbo Color-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
nextchef



Joined: 17 Aug 2006
Posts: 1016
Location: Missouri, USA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:37 am    Post subject: Re: NeXT Monitor weights Reply with quote

MacG4 wrote:
oh yeah? save a cube for me


Not sure how many cubes I will get, as I am waiting for a more complete inventory. If it all works out, I may have quite a few systems to spread around to those in the forum who are interested.

Chef
_________________
Chef
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MacG4



Joined: 27 Mar 2006
Posts: 114
Location: Des Moines,Iowa

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: NeXT Monitor weights Reply with quote

nextchef wrote:
MacG4 wrote:
oh yeah? save a cube for me


Not sure how many cubes I will get, as I am waiting for a more complete inventory. If it all works out, I may have quite a few systems to spread around to those in the forum who are interested.

Chef
cool. i really would like a cube so if u can save one for me and i will be happy to pay you for one when you get them.
_________________
"keeping the NeXT legacy alive one day at a time"
-NeXTStation Mono, NeXTStation Turbo Mono, NeXTStation Turbo Color-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
urquidez



Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Posts: 67
Location: Chicagoland

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MacG4 wrote:
nextchef wrote:
MacG4 wrote:
oh yeah? save a cube for me


Not sure how many cubes I will get, as I am waiting for a more complete inventory. If it all works out, I may have quite a few systems to spread around to those in the forum who are interested.

Chef
cool. i really would like a cube so if u can save one for me and i will be happy to pay you for one when you get them.


I would be open to a coop of sorts. My interest is in accessories, upgrades, and oddities. I have enough main black hardware to kill a camel already. Well, maybe a small camel. in any case, keep us posted because a pallet of NeXT gear is the stuff of lore. Thanks!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
da9000



Joined: 30 Sep 2006
Posts: 387
Location: Silicon Valley

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish you good luck with the lot nextchef. Save it from the dumpsters! Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nextchef



Joined: 17 Aug 2006
Posts: 1016
Location: Missouri, USA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

da9000 wrote:
I wish you good luck with the lot nextchef. Save it from the dumpsters! Smile


That is the literal truth for this stuff, as it is headed for the dumpster/recycle crushers If someone does not save it. My biggest concern is the monitors, as the weight adds up quick at 60-80 pounds each. Even using freight, the price per monitor to ship it may be more than they are worth, and it may complicate the deal if I try not to take them.

On the positive side, I would certainly have enough monitors to setup that cube with 4 motherboards setup discussed in the other thread.

Its only money I guess ... can always print more ;)

Chef
_________________
Chef
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
da9000



Joined: 30 Sep 2006
Posts: 387
Location: Silicon Valley

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nextchef wrote:

That is the literal truth for this stuff, as it is headed for the dumpster/recycle crushers If someone does not save it. My biggest concern is the monitors, as the weight adds up quick at 60-80 pounds each. Even using freight, the price per monitor to ship it may be more than they are worth, and it may complicate the deal if I try not to take them.

On the positive side, I would certainly have enough monitors to setup that cube with 4 motherboards setup discussed in the other thread.

Its only money I guess ... can always print more ;)

Chef


Hahaha, can I send you some printer paper and ink? :)

The monitors are indeed the heavy ones... and I understand what you mean about complicating the deal. When these guys want it gone, they mean everything including the dust on them!

How far from you is this lot? I guess you can't make a trip out of it, can ya?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nextchef



Joined: 17 Aug 2006
Posts: 1016
Location: Missouri, USA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

da9000 wrote:

How far from you is this lot? I guess you can't make a trip out of it, can ya?


Far enough that the mileage charge for even a small rental truck, plus lodging and gas, would be the same if not more than the freight. As much as I would love to get some 21in megapixel NeXT displays, I hope most of them are the smaller variety.

Chef
_________________
Chef
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pentium



Joined: 23 Jun 2006
Posts: 1159
Location: Kamloops, BC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The monitor for my Personal Iris is almost identical to the NeXT 21".
It only cost me $70 to ship from ontario to british columbia.
_________________

-NeXT 68040 Cube with NS 3.3 and 64Mb ram
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
ericj



Joined: 04 Aug 2006
Posts: 98
Location: Montgomery County, MD

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Turbo Color Reply with quote

Turbo Color for me, please. For some odd reason, I've lost contact with the guy who I tried to buy one from.

EDIT: Never mind, it turns out he's in Amsterdam.


Last edited by ericj on Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
helf



Joined: 29 Dec 2005
Posts: 1097
Location: Alabama, USA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow! Nice chef!

I want a turbo color, NeXT CD drive, external hdd, and a printer Wink
_________________
*INACTIVE*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
pentium



Joined: 23 Jun 2006
Posts: 1159
Location: Kamloops, BC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I may have quite a few systems to spread around to those in the forum who are interested.

Spare me a cube with an MO drive in any condition, one cartridge, the board and a keyboard and mouse and there will be one very happy 17 year-old on the forums.
_________________

-NeXT 68040 Cube with NS 3.3 and 64Mb ram
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NeXT Computers Forum Index -> Black Hardware All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



Powered by phpBB © 2017 phpBB Group