NeXT Computers Forum Index NeXT Computers
www.NeXTComputers.org

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Question about AppleShare IP 6.3.3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jenne

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 1:16 am    Post subject: Question about AppleShare IP 6.3.3 Reply with quote

Hello to the Mac users in here...

I've been searching the net again for some information about AppleShare IP 6.3.3. What I simply can't figure out is:

- has version 6.3.3 ever been shipped?
- was it a full install version?
- has there ever been an update from 6.3, 6.3.x to 6.3.3?

After facing several issues with ASIP 6.3 on my local file server I would be very interested about these topics. Apple - of course - does not reply to any question and I can't find any updater or full version anywhere :(

Thanks once more!

J
RacerX

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is some differentiation between AppleShare IP 6.3.0 to 6.3.2 and 6.3.3. The 6.3.3 release is something of a full version unto itself and is more optimized around later hardware. Further, I don't think that Apple offered a direct (downloadable) upgrade to 6.3.3 from earlier versions of 6.3. While the boxed version of 6.3.3 is compatible with most later Apple hardware, 6.3.3 v1.2 and 6.3.3 v1.3 are hardware specific versions that shipped with server hardware.

Most of that type of information can be found in this article.

In moving from AppleShare IP 6.3 (Mac OS 9.0) to AppleShare IP 6.3.2 (Mac OS 9.0.4), you'll need the following updates...Hopefully that'll help with some of the stability issues. I know how frustrating they can be... I was very happy when I finally moved the last of the AppleShare IP servers I took care of to Mac OS X Server v10.2.8.

:roll:

Hmmm... though the reliability of Mac OS X Server sure did slow down business on the service end of things for me. :?

Note 1: I believe this update is compatible with the version of Mac OS 9 that ships with AppleShare IP 6.3.
Jenne

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

<sigh>

I feared it would turn out that way... Damn it! It is almost impossible to get used "boxed" versions of 6.3.3 and I fear I need that one. Another project to be buried in the private desk until I stumble over that version by accident sometime.

Thanks anyway for that information, was very interesting to me.

J
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NeXT Computers Forum Index -> Apple Software All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: