NeXT Computers Forum Index NeXT Computers
www.NeXTComputers.org

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Connect a NeXTdimension Cube to a Flat Panel Monitor
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
urbanape

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, in that case, the Y-cable I have will work with the adapter? The adapter only connects the three composite pins and adapts them to VGA?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Nitro
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

urbanape wrote:
So, in that case, the Y-cable I have will work with the adapter? The adapter only connects the three composite pins and adapts them to VGA?

Yes and Yes. Smile

Here's a picture of the cable connections for a NeXTdimension Cube. The NeXTdimension Color VGA adapter plugs directly into the Dimension color board as shown.

If you already own a NeXTdimension video cable and you don't want the adapter hanging off the back of your Dimension board, you can simply use your existing Dimension video cable and the NeXTstation Color VGA adapter as shown.

Last edited by Nitro on Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
urbanape

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the pics, Nitro! Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Nitro
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem. Hope it helps. Smile
cyclox

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting this! I've been trying to resurrect my NeXTstation Turbo and it's been a little difficult to do so without a monitor connected. My LCD should be able to handle the sync-on-green signal, so once I get the adapter I'll be ready to go.
Nitro
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cyclox wrote:
Thanks for posting this! I've been trying to resurrect my NeXTstation Turbo and it's been a little difficult to do so without a monitor connected. My LCD should be able to handle the sync-on-green signal, so once I get the adapter I'll be ready to go.

The adapters work well, and best of all they're cheap. Smile We'd love to see a picture of your system when you get it running.
cyclox

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will definitely post a photo once it's up and running. Once that's done, it'll be time to get that NeXT Laser Printer printing again... it's suffering from the age-old takeup roller problem.
cyclox

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject: LCD Panel Reply with quote

Nitro (or anyone else who's got an LCD panel hooked up to a NeXT system): what model LCD panel are you using with your NeXT systems? Any suggestions? I have access to some cheap, decent CRT monitors, but they're big and bulky...

EDIT: Should have read that first post more carefully...19 Viewsonic VX900!
blackcube

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cyclox wrote:
Will definitely post a photo once it's up and running. Once that's done, it'll be time to get that NeXT Laser Printer printing again... it's suffering from the age-old takeup roller problem.

http://www.blackcube.org/downloads/next_400dpi_laser_printer_tricks.pdf

http://www.blackcube.org/downloads/NeXT_Laser_Printer_Service.pdf
brams

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need an SW3VM but they want 75 bucks to ship it according to the site in the link:

http://www.a1netusa.com/product.asp?ID=w3

Does anybody know of another source of adaptor that is known to work (confirmed working)

Thanks
brams
Andreas

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brams wrote:

Does anybody know of another source of adaptor that is known to work (confirmed working)

Brams, i have purchased the last few cables from reichelt.de before they clearout that type, its instead the adapter a ~2m cable (and its testet Smile), drop me a line if you are interestet...
brams

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andreas

Many thanks, can you tell me, will it plug into a slab Y cable, eg, is it male or female at the 13w3 end. Which SVGA monitor have you tested it with does the monitor support Sync on Green?

If this OK, I'll probably take one of you, thanks!
brams
Andreas

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brams wrote:
Hi Andreas

Many thanks, can you tell me, will it plug into a slab Y cable, eg, is it male or female at the 13w3 end. Which SVGA monitor have you tested it with does the monitor support Sync on Green?

If this OK, I'll probably take one of you, thanks!
brams

Brams, yes, i'm using it with slabs and different monitors. Its the seldom one with the female 13W3 to plug in into the Y-cable from the slab. The VGA side is male, it fits directly into the monitor or, if your monitor have a fixed wire, you need a gender changer, wich i can also supply. (the same combination like the second picture for SW3VM, the yellow thing)

If that cable doesn't work, you monitor isn't fit for the NeXTs.
I had testet it with an 17" CRT, but can't remember the type and now i'm using it with a Sony TFT SDM-S94

brams

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having great difficulty getting my Viewsonic VP171b to work on my slab, and after testing various things I have reason to suspect that the cause my be the different scan rates of using ADB vs non-ADB.

The thread is here

http://www.nextcomputers.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1277#1277

Andreas can you tell me are you using ADB KB & SB on your slab?

Thanks
brams
Andreas

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brams wrote:
I'm having great difficulty getting my Viewsonic VP171b to work on my slab, and after testing various things I have reason to suspect that the cause my be the different scan rates of using ADB vs non-ADB.

The scans rates differ minimal, all in the range that a simple Multiscan have to show.

Quote:

Andreas can you tell me are you using ADB KB & SB on your slab?

Both, a have selled a few slabs in history, ADB and non-ADB-Types and alle of them are used with these cable and my monitors. But i have to say, some monitors work fine with NeXTs others won't work, even if they can SOG. (i have a Phillips 17" with SOG, don't work)

(BTW, the cable is shipped, drop me a line if received)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NeXT Computers Forum Index -> New Technology All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: