Magneto Optical drive repair

Started by Khashoggi, January 26, 2014, 02:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you want your drive repaired by a repair service?

Yes
18 (94.7%)
No
1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: January 26, 2014, 02:30:41 PM

haplain

Whats in my Apple or NeXT collection?

I've got a NeXT Cube 68040 in the factory box (socketed CPU w/Sample chip), with all accessories. NeXT branded power cord and hex tool with a NeXT display also in the box both in perfect condition with original NeXT Maxtor HD, MO drive, floppy drive, 64MB RAM, recapped board and MO drive. I've got another 68040 board recapped with many extra HD's. Every piece of NeXT OS release on MO discs. Every manual NeXT produced for the Cube, plus a bunch of internal NeXT release documents.

My prototype Apple collection and general Apple collection is way to much to list. Anything from prototype Lisa 2 to 5x iPhone 2G prototypes, iPhone 3G prototypes, Transparent Mac SE, Transparent PowerBook 140, unreleased Dual PPC PowerBook, chrome 17" PowerBook and things like that.

Khashoggi

Nice collection!

I think this is the guy you refer to. He sounds like he can easily handle the job as he does a lot of work on vintage macs too. His prices look really good-

http://maccaps.com/MacCAPS.COM/Macintosh_Recaps.html

haplain

Thanks I try to find fun stuff.

That's him. Like I said, you want it done right, for a fair price, by a professional and a straight shooter he's your guy. If he can't do it, or thinks there's a larger issue he will let you know before hand. He hasn't been let me down yet, his prices are extremely reasonable, and his turn around time is very very quick. He's getting really busy because he is so good at what he does. Charles is a god over on 68kmla. Hope that helps and solves the issue of where to get these things repaired

Khashoggi

Quote from: "haplain"Thanks I try to find fun stuff.

That's him. Like I said, you want it done right, for a fair price, by a professional and a straight shooter he's your guy. If he can't do it, or thinks there's a larger issue he will let you know before hand. He hasn't been let me down yet, his prices are extremely reasonable, and his turn around time is very very quick. He's getting really busy because he is so good at what he does. Charles is a god over on 68kmla. Hope that helps and solves the issue of where to get these things repaired

I'm really glad there is guy out there to do this. I'm not the guy for this type of thing, which is why I wanted to find a tech to do the work.

Thank you for bringing him to our attention!

gtnicol

I'll send some stuff his way I think... I have a couple of Dimension boards and a few Turbo slabs etc. that need recapping.

Scutboy

I'll second the recommendation for Charles. He's did awesome work bringing a Mac Classic II board back from the dead for me. Quick, excellent work at reasonable prices.

Khashoggi

Has anyone availed themselves of the recap service? Did it help, or did he give a more complicated diagnosis?

http://maccaps.com/MacCAPS.COM/Macintosh_Recaps.html