Zip on a station

Started by dravier, February 08, 2006, 01:20:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dravier

I remember this being on one of the incarnations of the old forum, but I don't seem to have it anywhere.  is there anything special to setting up a SCSI Zip under NS3.3?  Have a couple drives and enough disks so I though that I might as well use it... Thanks for the help.
dravier

Turbo Color slab NS 3.3

"a little rebellion now and then is a good thing"
- Thomas Jefferson

blackcube

Quote from: "dravier"I remember this being on one of the incarnations of the old forum, but I don't seem to have it anywhere.  is there anything special to setting up a SCSI Zip under NS3.3?  Have a couple drives and enough disks so I though that I might as well use it... Thanks for the help.

Nope, just pick an unused address and stick it on there.  NS is smart enough to recognize it as a zip 100.  You can even format it FAT, MacOS (HFS) or NS native.
www.blackcube.org - The Texas State Home for Orphaned and Wayward Computers

RacerX

Quote from: "blackcube"You can even format it FAT, MacOS (HFS) or NS native.
That is cool!

As I recall pre-6.5 IRIX would balk at zip disks that weren't HFS. Nice to know that NeXT did a better job.

dravier

Thanks for the help.  Dropped it on yesterday, powered the station back up and ture enough =)  It was interesting to see the loader ID it as a Zip 100 on SCSI whatever... very easy to install.  Can't say that I have an immedate use for it, but the extra space will be nice.  Plus I have this drive and one other just collecting dust with about two dozen disks.  Thanks again for the help...
dravier

Turbo Color slab NS 3.3

"a little rebellion now and then is a good thing"
- Thomas Jefferson

blackcube

www.blackcube.org - The Texas State Home for Orphaned and Wayward Computers