Main Menu

ViewSonic VG1930wm

Started by krfkeith, September 26, 2007, 08:38:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

krfkeith

Just tested this LCD with my turbo slaband it works great!
Newton MessagePad 2100, Original MessagePad (OMP), 2 DataRover 840s
Gateway Laptop w/ OPENSTEP 4.2
NeXTstation Color & Turbo Color

it68000

Can you add more information on your set-up? i.e. is your TurboStation ADB or non-ADB?
This maybe very usefull to know  :D
NEXTstation Turbo Color with NEXTSTEP 3.3, OPENSTEP 4.2 emulated on Parallels for PC, NEXTCube Dimension (25Mhz)

krfkeith

I am using a TurboColorStation (bought from NeXTchef) with all ADB accesories and a 13w3 female to VGA male adaptor from Monoprice(http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=104&cp_id=10401&cs_id=1040110&p_id=70&seq=1&format=2) along with a standard VGA gender changer.  The adaptor is really great because its cheap ($10 including shipping) and it works great.  It takes up all of the screen except for a few black bars along the top. I'll get a picture soon.

P.S. Sorry bout that previous post, I was goign to bed

MauiBoy

Not to hijack:  But, is there a way to get a monitor that displays the NEXTSTEP desktop too long for the screen to adjust the picture correctly?  My desktop extends below the bottom of the screen, and it makes getting to the Recycle Bin or minimized icons impossible.

My monitor is a Samsung SyncMaster 245BW, and it does sync up to the signal; it is just that the bottom of the screen is cutoff.

krfkeith

I don't know.  You could use the menu to adjust the screen size.

it68000

QuoteIt takes up all of the screen except for a few black bars along the top. I'll get a picture soon.

Thanks, i was curious to see how the image looks like in a widescreen.

Quoteis there a way to get a monitor that displays the NEXTSTEP desktop too long for the screen to adjust the picture correctly?

Some LCD cannot adjust the image size. If your monitor doesn't let you change the image size probably you cannot do much.
NEXTstation Turbo Color with NEXTSTEP 3.3, OPENSTEP 4.2 emulated on Parallels for PC, NEXTCube Dimension (25Mhz)

mgtremaine

Have you tried it on any other "SOG" workstations? [SGI, SUN, etc...] Just curious, I see them listed at newegg for 219 that is very tempting.

-Mike

krfkeith

I don't have any others, yet, when I get mine I will say