Brag, brag, brag!

Started by ErikTheHack, August 25, 2008, 08:28:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ErikTheHack

YES!

I finally got one after all these years!  Mint condition ND board complete!  Box and everything.  Put it in my cube along with upgrading the 'ol '030 board with an '040 @ 25MHz.

My cube is still running NeXTSTEP 2.1 but the color is still awesome!

Ahhh...  I feel so satisfied.
ND \'040 NeXTcube [SN: ABA0004306], NeXTStation Turbo Color ADB, HP PA-RISC 712/80, HP PA-RISC 712/100, Sun SPARCSTATION 5, Sun SPARCSTATION 20

kb7sqi

Quote from: "ErikTheHack"YES!

I finally got one after all these years!  Mint condition ND board complete!  Box and everything.  Put it in my cube along with upgrading the 'ol '030 board with an '040 @ 25MHz.

My cube is still running NeXTSTEP 2.1 but the color is still awesome!

Ahhh...  I feel so satisfied.

Congrats on the upgrade!  Mono is nice for some things, but I like having color also. ;-)  Take care.

pentium

GRRR....
I had the chance to get one for free but it was pulled right out from under my nose.

-NeXT 68040 Cube with NS 3.3 and 64Mb ram

gtnicol

Bragging rights: I have one cube with 3 dimension boards, and another with 2 motherboards and 2 dimension boards :D

cchaven

Quote from: "gtnicol"Bragging rights: I have one cube with 3 dimension boards, and another with 2 motherboards and 2 dimension boards :D

Ok, just what do you do with 3 Dimension boards in a Cube?  When I got my '040 Cube, it had two mainboards in it, but I pulled one out to keep as a spare..and put the Dimension board in it's place.
NeXT Cube, \'040/25, MO, 2.88 floppy, 1GB HD, NeXTDimension with 32MB, NS 3.3, N4001 17" Megapixel monitor, N4000A mono monitor, NeXT N3010 CD-ROM

kb7sqi

Quote from: "cchaven"
Quote from: "gtnicol"Bragging rights: I have one cube with 3 dimension boards, and another with 2 motherboards and 2 dimension boards :D

Ok, just what do you do with 3 Dimension boards in a Cube?  When I got my '040 Cube, it had two mainboards in it, but I pulled one out to keep as a spare..and put the Dimension board in it's place.

Think of all the pr0n you could look at on 3 different Dimension boards, once all the pics loaded up.  :shock:  ;-)

Seriously though, it  would definately be nice for desktop publishing stuff.

helf

OK. I want pics of that triple Dimension system. I've always wanted a Cube with several Dimensions in it :P
After an apparent 15ish year hiatus... I'm baaaaack! :D (12/12/2023)

gtnicol

I'll take some pics... I had it set up in the office for a while. It's actually very cool to be able to take a playing video and drag it across *4* displays, including, the monochrome display.

I'm pretty sure the power supply is about maxed out on that one :D

pentium

You had that thing setup in your office?
Did anyone else take notice?

-NeXT 68040 Cube with NS 3.3 and 64Mb ram