Rhapsody DR1 installed on my PM 8500

Started by slomacuser, November 05, 2008, 03:15:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slomacuser

kb7sqi

Nice screenshots. ;-)  The 8500 was a great machine for installing different OS's on.  Back when I had one, I had OSX, BEOS, Mac 8 & 9 all running on it.  

Take care.  In case anyone didn't notice, I did have 5 min to put an updated version of bsflite-0.84 on the server.  It's compiled quad-fat as always.  Sorry, didn't mean to hi-jack your thread.  Love the pics.  Thanks again.

ken147

do you still have the CD? i've been looking for a copy of the developer release for a while

un

"preposterous time in real time clock - CHECK AND RESET THE DATE"

Has there ever been a NeXTstep/OpenStep/Rhapsody build that didn't say this while booting?
2 x NeXTStation Colour Turbo + 1 Defunct monitor = sad panda

protocol7

I always loved the full-screen boot and login windows of DR1. I wish Apple had stuck with them instead of moving to the NeXT-style boxes.

RacerX

Quote from: "protocol7"I always loved the full-screen boot and login windows of DR1. I wish Apple had stuck with them instead of moving to the NeXT-style boxes.
Well, you can change the login... and even get it to match that original screen, for any version of Rhapsody. It can be really easy, or quite complicated, depending on how far you want to modify things.

It is also a great way to screw up a system, which is why I practiced on a VirtualPC image I had backed up.

The boot screen is a significantly more challenging modification... and I've never attempted it.

protocol7

Hmm I might see if I can work some magic with OS X. I had custom bootscreens in 10.3 when it was just a case of replacing a pdf file. 10.4 put a stop to that and I haven't tried since. I'm not as big on UI customisation as I used to be, but it'd be something to play about with.