Hooking on a non-NeXT monitor to a NeXTdimension

Started by gctwnl, March 12, 2009, 07:27:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gctwnl

I know this is supposed to be part of the "New Technology" forum, but maybe some ND users are not checking that forum, so I am posting the question here as well:

I am looking for non-NeXT monitors that will work with a ND Board (68Hz, 1120x832, SoG). My 21" Hitachi died (looks like the power unit so it *should8 be repairable) and so far all the other monitors I tried were unable to handle the signal.
NeXT Collection pictures: http://bit.ly/wdltRI

Andreas

Quote from: "gctwnl"I know this is supposed to be part of the "New Technology" forum, but maybe some ND users are not checking that forum, so I am posting the question here as well:

I am looking for non-NeXT monitors that will work with a ND Board (68Hz, 1120x832, SoG). My 21" Hitachi died (looks like the power unit so it *should8 be repairable) and so far all the other monitors I tried were unable to handle the signal.

If you like an old heavy CRT, i was using long time a SGI labled Sony GDM-20E21.
If you like a modern TFT, you have to choose between two hitches, interpolation or big border.

gctwnl

Quote from: "Andreas"
Quote from: "gctwnl"I know this is supposed to be part of the "New Technology" forum, but maybe some ND users are not checking that forum, so I am posting the question here as well:

If you like an old heavy CRT, i was using long time a SGI labled Sony GDM-20E21.
If you like a modern TFT, you have to choose between two hitches, interpolation or big border.
Ideally I would like a very large TFT (>20") which uses just a part of the screen to display the NeXT signal without distortion (so borders). But large TFT's that accept SoG on their analog connector and also handle 68Hz are not known to me. But I haven't found one yet, nor a working CRT. Though I may have a Sony CRT soon and I hope it works.
NeXT Collection pictures: http://bit.ly/wdltRI