Best test for NeXTDimension ?

Started by emond, August 25, 2009, 02:18:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emond

Hi all,

My question is very simple...

Who have good method for test and dianostic NeXTDimension board ?

I have NeXTDimension (PAL version) but it's not to detect by NeXTStep (3.1 and 3.2). :(

I use http://www.channelu.com/NeXT/Black/NextDimension.tar.gz but I have and another bad message :(

<< i860 init failed. Did not see the flag indicating that the i860 EEPROM code finished. CSR = 0x4002. >>

Look screen copy :

And specialy :

After I read the boot log message here :
cat /usr/adm/messages

And I read first kill bad message  :evil:

Apr 19 20:31:23 ispw mach: NeXTdimension Board in Slot 2 failed to reset.
4x NeXTcube ISPW, NeXTstation; Apple dual G5 2.5GHz, xserve dual G5 2.3GHz, xserve dual Xeon, Imac 27'', Imac 21'', 3x mac mini, G4 cube, G4 ...

cubist

Quote from: "emond"Hi all,

My question is very simple...

Who have good method for test and dianostic NeXTDimension board ?
Hmmm, there were some diagnotics up on the channelu site.  Was that what you ran?  Other than that, I know of nothing.

You might pull the dimension board and look over it carefully.  Reseat the eprom (if it's socketed - I don't remember).

The eproms are getting into the failure region now (begins at ~10-15 years).  We really need to get some prom dumps saved on the various sites.

emond

Yes I read the message : "i860 init failed. Did not see the flag indicating that the i860 EEPROM code finished. CSR = 0x4002."

But where find the NeXTDiment EEPROM dump file ???

Who have this file ?

On my NeXTDiment the EEPROM is welded.

But in the NeXTDimension tools, I found software for change (upload/flash) the contents of NeXTDimension eeprom... Is a way ;) But I need the bin file :(
4x NeXTcube ISPW, NeXTstation; Apple dual G5 2.5GHz, xserve dual G5 2.3GHz, xserve dual Xeon, Imac 27'', Imac 21'', 3x mac mini, G4 cube, G4 ...