Main Menu

Started by Nightengale, August 12, 2006, 11:04:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightengale

I think it is 5.6. I bought it here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=011&item=320013278156&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I got it installed and running with no problems on a
old Rev B imac. Workspace Manager reports Mac OS X Server (v378). I have 160 mb in it.

It was so much easier than I thought it would be to install!

Cheers,
Don
NeXT Turbo Color 4.2, HP Pavillion w/4.2,MacBook Pro, PPC G5 dual 2.7 10.5.8, Imac G4 20 inch

RacerX

Congratulations!  :D

Yeah, generally speaking the Mac versions of Rhapsody are pretty painless to get up and running. And considering the prices of the hardware that will run Rhapsody, it is worth the time to get a Mac for Rhapsody when you consider the headaches that you won't have with them.

Sounds like a great system. And it looks like you got it at a reasonable price. I've been seeing Mac OS X Server 1.x going for around $80US over the last 6 months on ebay.

Nightengale

Thanks RacerX and thank you again for maintaining those wonderful websites of yours :!:
NeXT Turbo Color 4.2, HP Pavillion w/4.2,MacBook Pro, PPC G5 dual 2.7 10.5.8, Imac G4 20 inch

Nadav35

I know that you can't produce copies of the Mac OS X server 1.2v3, but I would like to buy a license and that way I can get this program. I have been searching for almost a week now for this, and no mac dealer has ever heard of this.

Please help! You seem to know a lot about this.. I am not asking for copies, but if I do pay a license fee to you, could you then provide me it?

Nadav

Quote from: "RacerX"Congratulations!  :D

Yeah, generally speaking the Mac versions of Rhapsody are pretty painless to get up and running. And considering the prices of the hardware that will run Rhapsody, it is worth the time to get a Mac for Rhapsody when you consider the headaches that you won't have with them.

Sounds like a great system. And it looks like you got it at a reasonable price. I've been seeing Mac OS X Server 1.x going for around $80US over the last 6 months on ebay.