Need help with ZuluSCSI from Rob

Started by nickrb, March 27, 2023, 05:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickrb

Hi,

I recently bought a ZuluSCSI from Rob (computerpowwow) on eBay. He seems to be having a difficult time of it dealing with serious health concerns so I'm going to ask for help here.

A few of the image files on the SD card he sent seem to be corrupted, the machine boots (and worked just fine with the old spinner HD). However, I keep getting errors (see attached image) "The hard disk 'UntitledDisk' is damaged." for three to four of the volumes on the ZuluSCSI. I click repair and after awhile the error message just comes back up.

So he sent me a link to a 32GB image file "NS3316GbMaster52.ISO" I downloaded it but it seems to be a giant binary file for SCSI2SD, instead of a series of simple image files which is what ZuluSCSI needs.

So... does anybody have any idea how I can get the image files that ZuluSCSI needs from the giant SCSI2SD image? IMG_7468.jpg

nickrb

I believe I can use dd to split the large image into smaller images, but I have no idea how the giant 32 GB image, NS3316GbMaster52, is structured.

don_apple

There are some tools out there that can convert SCSI2SD SD Card images into disk images that can be read by other devices, for example https://github.com/dburr/scsi2sd_to_hda

But you need the XML file that describes how the SCSI2SD SD card was partitioned so that the tool can figure out the separate disks that need to be converted into images.

nickrb

Quote from: don_apple on March 28, 2023, 03:10:12 AMThere are some tools out there that can convert SCSI2SD SD Card images into disk images that can be read by other devices, for example https://github.com/dburr/scsi2sd_to_hda

But you need the XML file that describes how the SCSI2SD SD card was partitioned so that the tool can figure out the separate disks that need to be converted into images.

Thank you. That is helpful.

Does anybody have the XML image data for "NS3316GbMaster52" from Black Hole Computing?