ISPW - IRCAM / ARIEL

Started by emond, March 11, 2007, 01:28:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

emond

Hi all,

I have this wonder...

IRCAM ISPW with 3 x M860 (on each card : 2x i860, 1x M56001, 64MB)

Work with Max (IRCAM software) !

Who uses also these cards ?

4x NeXTcube ISPW, NeXTstation; Apple dual G5 2.5GHz, xserve dual G5 2.3GHz, xserve dual Xeon, Imac 27'', Imac 21'', 3x mac mini, G4 cube, G4 ...

pergamon

Well, other than the Wikipedia article, I've seen very little information out there about this device.

mgtremaine

QuoteA single ISPW card cost approximately $12,000US
:P Nice setup.

-Mike

emond

Thank, its nice setup ;)

I do not have anything has to sell, sorry ;)

I just lookfor another user's of these cards, and MAX users also for NeXTstep.
I am alone for the moment, and I do not have experience of these systems...
4x NeXTcube ISPW, NeXTstation; Apple dual G5 2.5GHz, xserve dual G5 2.3GHz, xserve dual Xeon, Imac 27'', Imac 21'', 3x mac mini, G4 cube, G4 ...

helf

oh wow! that is an amzing Cube!
After an apparent 15ish year hiatus... I'm baaaaack! :D (12/12/2023)

itomato

PDF: The IRCAM "Real-Time" Platform; evolution and perspectives - describes the IRCAM workstation (Cube with boards, like you have), FTS, MAX, etc.

ftp://ftp.forumnet.ircam.fr/pub/max/
Looks like Macintosh software, but NeXT software may be close by..

Congratulations on owning what certainly looks like a piece of history!
-itomato

Andreas

Quote from: "emond"Thank, its nice setup ;)

I do not have anything has to sell, sorry ;)

I just lookfor another user's of these cards, and MAX users also for NeXTstep.
I am alone for the moment, and I do not have experience of these systems...

Emond, besides that maybe no-one have also these cards, can you backup the (special) software for the public?

idylukewild

Emond-

Thank you very much for taking the time to take the photos and post them. Totally amazing!

NeXT³

That is one awesome cube.  Very nice! We would be happy to host some pictures of your Cube in our NeXTfiles section if that's all right with you.  Thanks for posting pictures. :)
NeXT³

Please do not PM this account as it's not active.

emond

Yes, with pleasure, you can put the photographs on the web site  :D

Thus, nobody never saw these cards ?
I will make a backup of the software... and they will be available soon (in tar.gz) on my site !

Some information on this subject on a good French forum:
http://www.silicium.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=199617&sid=b152ffdd34cf73f8eee1da9f2daa4978

helf

I have never seen these cards... Nor heard of them. You are probably the only person on this forum that has one.
After an apparent 15ish year hiatus... I'm baaaaack! :D (12/12/2023)

emond

da9000

Cool et tres jolie NeXT hardware Emond!

emond