Where exactly do you buy NS for the intel platform?

Started by pentium, May 09, 2007, 12:02:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pentium

Exactly that. It's uncommon to see them on ebay (and when they fo come through they are sniped to hell) and it seems that quite a few members own a copy Do I assume Blackhole sells more then NS and OS for NeXT?

Would something like this be a good starting point?

Kit on Ebay. I expect sniping.

Like I said, I am a perfectionist and I like complete kits.

-NeXT 68040 Cube with NS 3.3 and 64Mb ram

nextchef

That would be what you want, and all relevant packaging and docs for the "discriminating" collector. ;)

Chef

pentium

QuoteThat would be what you want, and all relevant packaging and docs for the "discriminating" collector.
Ignoring the comment at the end I have followed your advice and I placed a bid. Now everybody knows my long and cheesy ebay name.

ericj

Quote from: "pentium"Exactly that. It's uncommon to see them on ebay (and when they fo come through they are sniped to hell) and it seems that quite a few members own a copy Do I assume Blackhole sells more then NS and OS for NeXT?

Would something like this be a good starting point?

Kit on Ebay. I expect sniping.

Like I said, I am a perfectionist and I like complete kits.

Interesting. I was just looking at that auction.

Eric

Nightengale

NeXT Turbo Color 4.2, HP Pavillion w/4.2,MacBook Pro, PPC G5 dual 2.7 10.5.8, Imac G4 20 inch

nextchef

digimon????  now the secret is out there pentium ;)

It is a nice auction, both user and developer sets.  So lets see how much we beat each other up here trying to win this one.

Chef

pentium

Quotedigimon???? now the secret is out there pentium
Hush. I have never bothered changing my name due to the fact that all the possible combinations for "Pentium" are probably chosen.

QuoteSo lets see how much we beat each other up here trying to win this one.

Well I can kiss this auction goodbye.

nextchef

I am only interested in the developer stuff, as I currently have a NS3.3 box set, so I would probably sell it or my current one (depending on condition).  There is also the NEXTSTEP ADVANTAGE set on ebay, that is being discussed in another thread, that may be of some interest as well.

Chef

pentium

Quoteam only interested in the developer stuff, as I currently have a NS3.3 box set,
Did you outbid me?
QuoteThere is also the NEXTSTEP ADVANTAGE set on ebay, that is being discussed in another thread, that may be of some interest as well.
Unlikely I would win that either.

UGH!
I get money and it's still not enough.

nextchef

Quote from: "pentium"
Did you outbid me?

No, have not even bid yet, and it is already at $150 with 4 days to go.

More than I am willing to spend on it, so I hope the winner appreciates what he/she gets.

Chef

helf

I hope someone here wins that... :P I'm broke aain. So I can't bid.

Don't worry about your ebay nick, pentium. i use my grandmothers account so I'm stuck with "katiejunesattic", LOL!

I use it since the feedback on that account is so good and there are so many. I've actually had sellers ship me stuff before i've paid since my feedback is so good. :)
After an apparent 15ish year hiatus... I'm baaaaack! :D (12/12/2023)

pentium

Wow, look at the profile of the current high bidder.
He's got one damn deep pocket.

helf

After an apparent 15ish year hiatus... I'm baaaaack! :D (12/12/2023)

pentium

That's put lightly.
He's been grabbling almost anything NeXT he can get his hands on. He has two or more cubes and at least one of every copy of NS and OS.

look at his past purchases. He must be a millionare to afford all that!

Somebody at least needs to make him be a member of this site.

da9000

Quote from: "pentium"
Somebody at least needs to make him be a member of this site.

LOL! :)

Have him subsidize the members' NeXT collections? :)  One cube for each member or something :p